Published : 2017-06-30

From the history of Rudak and the left bank of Toruń

Józef Dębiński



Abstract

Rudak is the left-bank (Kuyavian) district of Torun. In January 1230, Konrad Mazowiecki gave these lands to Teutonic Knights. After the Second Peace of Thorn in 1466 Rudak became a royal village. The inhabitants were burning brick because of the clay deposit located in this area. Many brick factories were built here in the second half of the nineteenth century, during the construction of the fortress of Toruń. Since the fifteenth century, the area started to be inhabited by Olędrzy, followers of the united and uniting Church. The Protestant Church was built for them on Rudak and consecrated after 1945, it received the name of Divine Providence. During World War II, the Germans formed a place for prisoners of war on Rudak, which the Russians transformed into the camp for the soldiers of the Polish Underground State after the war.

Keywords:

Olędrzy settlers, united and uniting Church, the parish of Divine Providence



Details

References

Statistics

Authors

Download files

pdf. (Język Polski)

Citation rules

Dębiński, J. (2017). From the history of Rudak and the left bank of Toruń. Fides, Ratio Et Patria. Studia Toruńskie, (6), 236–253. https://doi.org/10.56583/frp.1847

Altmetric indicators


Cited by / Share


Publisher
Wydawnictwo Akademii Zamojskiej
ul. Pereca 2, 22-400 Zamość
tel.: +48 84/638 34 44;
tel. kom. +48/ 790 331 087
fax: +48 84/ 638 35 00
University
Akademia Zamojska
ul. Pereca 2, 22-400 Zamość
tel. 84 638 34 44
fax 84 638 35 00
e-mail: rektorat@akademiazamojska.edu.pl
About:
Copyright 2021 by
OJS Support and Customization by LIBCOM
Platform & workfow by OJS/PKP